In recognition of the potential neighborhood impact of any proposed development in the Balboa Reservoir, the Westwood Park Association (WPA) has established the Balboa Reservoir Subcommittee to serve as a channel between the Westwood Park board president and its residents. The WPA’s board president is a member of the city’s Balboa Reservoir Community Advisory Committee (CAC).
Please attend the next Balboa Reservoir Community Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting:
September 12, 2016, 6:15 p.m., San Francisco City College, Multi-Use Building, 55 Phelan Avenue, Room 140, San Francisco, CA 94112.
The City of San Francisco Planning Department has started the process for a development on the 17 acres adjacent to Westwood Park. It intends to develop housing units as a priority to address the growing need for affordable housing in the city.
The multi-year planning schedule contains a number of sections. From August to December 2015, the city is working with the different impacted communities to define the parameters of a Request For Proposal (RFP), which will then be sent out to developers for proposals.
The city has established a Community Advisory Committee (CAC) comprised of representatives of various neighborhoods, including Westwood Park, as well as the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) The CAC will hold a series of monthly meetings from August to December 2015, to present its proposed plans and gather community feedback for the RFP.
Below are the proposed timelines for specific discussion topics during these meetings, along with consolidated feedback from Westwood Park residents to the CAC:
- CAC Introduction & Context…………………………..Aug. 26, 2015…..(WP feedback to CAC)
- Affordable Housing & Neighborhood Character…..Sept.14, 2015…..(WP feedback to CAC)
- Parks & Open Space…………………………………….Oct. 19, 2015…..(WP feedback to CAC)
- Urban Design & Neighborhood Character…………..Nov. 5, 2015……(WP feedback to CAC)
- Transportation……………………………………………Nov. 30, 2015
- CCSF Sustainability, Additional Public Benefits…….Dec. 14, 2015
- Additional Public Benefits and Revisions to Previous Draft Parameters……….Jan. 11, 2016
Westwood Park Association involvement
Since Westwood Park is the only neighborhood directly adjacent to the proposed development, the WPA recognizes that residents want to be involved in shaping its future. The WPA has set up a subcommittee to serve as a conduit between our board president (a member of the CAC) and Westwood Park residents. The role of the subcommittee is to gather feedback from residents on the various topics and parameters surrounding the proposed reservoir development. That information will then be forwarded to the WPA board president to use during the monthly public CAC meetings.
Westwood Park Survey
In early 2016, the Westwood Park Association conducted a survey of its residents about the proposed Balboa Reservoir development. To read the survey results and other related documents, go Important Documents.
WPA Balboa Reservoir Committee Meeting Notes:
How can you help?
- We strongly encourage residents to attend the monthly CAC meetings and voice opinions on the proposed development.
- Any comments, questions or concerns about the Balboa Reservoir development project will be directed by the subcommittee to Westwood Park’s representative on the CAC. Below is the WPA Balboa Reservoir Subcommittee contact information:
Mail: PO Box 27901 #770, San Francisco CA 94112
Other ways to comment:
- Contact the CAC Members directly:
Phillip C. Wong
Office of Economic and Workforce Development, City and County of San Francisco
City Hall, Room 448, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA 94102-4653
- Contact the City directly:
Planning Department, City and County of San Francisco
1650 Mission Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103
City of San Francisco Balboa Reservoir Project website: http://www.sf-planning.org/index.aspx?page=3989